Street Team Guidelines
Please review the guidelines and read at least one of my books before asking to join the Street Team. I want to be sure you love my stories before you commit to promote my work. Here's what I ask…
1. At a minimum: (a) read my books and post reviews preferably on Amazon and Goodreads though other sites are also encouraged. (Before you ask to join the team, please read and review at least one of my books so we both know you love my work) (b) Share (on your own page) on Facebook and Twitter, letting your followers know about my new releases and featured stories, especially when there's a giveaway going on. You are getting the word out and that's what is important. But please do not post on anyone's personal page without getting their permission first.
If you can, post something about one of my stories every month —just to keep my books on the screen for readers who haven’t discovered them yet. For example, I have a Valentine’s/St. Patrick’s Day story, The Shamrock & The Rose, and three Christmas stories; and when those holidays come around, I’m sure readers would want to know about them. There's a Regan Walker's Readers page on Facebook in addition to the Ravens' only page, too.
2. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and, if you like, be a follower on Amazon, BookBub and Goodreads.
3. Promote my work, but please be courteous and authentic when you do. I have bookmarks and post cards of my covers I'll be happy to send you so you can pass them out to your friends or take them to romance readers conferences like Romantic Times.
4. For reviews of my novels and stories, post at least a few lines to honestly let other readers know what you liked about the story. Try to be specific so they know what to expect and why they might like it. Your opinion matters to readers searching for good romances!
5. If you’re comfortable doing it, I encourage you to reach out to booksellers, libraries and even gatherings of your friends, readers like yourself who love a good romance. And I am happy to provide autographed bookplates (large postcards of the covers) and/or bookmarks for these activities as well as a copy of my book as appropriate. I’m happy to come to a book signing if not too far from San Diego.
6. Please do not criticize a negative review if you see one. It’s a risk we authors take that some will not like our stories no matter how hard we work to get them just right. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.
7. I will ask you to provide me with certain personal information (email, address, birthday) so that I can send you small gifts, prizes (including print copies of my novels as they are available). I will hold your information is strict confidence and never share it.
8. I will give you my email so you can communicate with me directly and off the street team Facebook page should you desire that. I know many of you will have great suggestions; I want to know them! I have often asked the Ravens for their choice on covers and other story-related things. I may even ask for your suggestions in naming characters. One reader who knew Wind Raven would have scenes in Puerto Rico suggested I set a scene in a certain bay and I did, which earned her a free copy of the novel.
9. If you are interested in critiquing or beta reading my upcoming work, let me know. Several of the Ravens beta read my books while in draft to let me know they suggestions.
10. Typically, I write 2 novels a year, and in a very productive year, perhaps a short story or novella as well. So you won’t be bombarded with constant new releases.
And what I offer you…
1. First look at my new covers, ARCs (advance review copies) and excerpts. There is a “Raven only” page on my website just for you that is password protected.
2. Autographed books and other goodies!
3. Remembering your birthday…that is a very special day!
4. A relationship with me. To me this is most important. I want to connect with you as a fellow reader (that is why I started my Historical Romance Review blog and am active on Goodreads). And, because you like my stories, you are very special to me. I value you and your opinions. And I value your friendship.