Regan's Curried Honey Chicken
This is a great one to make ahead. You can double the recipe if you're making it for a lot for guests!
- 2-3 lbs. chicken pieces (or two small chickens cut up)For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey (I use clover or orange)
- 1/4 cup mustard (I use yellow mustard for this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (I blend 1/2 teaspoon regular curry and 1/2 teaspoon hot curry powder)
- Additional curry powder and powdered ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash and dry chicken
3. Set out chicken pieces on dry paper towels and sprinkle both sides with curry and ginger powder. Then place skin side up in a shallow greased baking dish. (For the "grease" I use olive oil.) Sprinkle the chicken with marjoram.
4. Allow the chicken to sit while making the sauce. Mix the melted butter, mustard, honey and salt and curry powder and heat just a bit on the stove. Then pour over the chicken.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (but can increase this to 1 hour and 15 min. if the chicken pieces are large. Since I make this mostly with drumsticks and thighs (my family likes dark meat), usually an hour is fine. Baste every 20 minutes (I do this my turning the chicken pieces).
This dish can be made ahead and is great for serving for company!